Available from DC BooksList of Titles
Poetry by Stuart Ross
Dead Cars in Managua
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
For other payment methods, complete order form below...
Many Payment Options!
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with 2CheckOut.com, our fully secure credit card agent, where you can charge your account in your choice of currency.
3.Please note that 2CO is a US-based organization, and recalculates the US$ list price into your currency. Fluctuating exchange rates can sometimes cause the final price to be slightly higher or lower, on the date of conversion to any currency other than US$.
Option 2 – On-Line Bookstores
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, 5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC, H4X 1P3 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
Dead Cars in Managua
Stuart Ross’s sixth poetry collection is both an experimental departure for Ross and an offering of some of his most accurate surrealistic observations to date. Gathering into one volume three discrete poetry projects – an absurdist Baedeker of image-driven prose poems about Managua accompanied by his original photos of decomposing cars, a formally various sequence of personal, narrative poems about the claustrophobic spaces and amorphous moods of hospitals, and a selection of cubist and abstract poems where Ross shows his experimental New York School cards like never before – all of the poems in this book are touched by Ross’s unique ability to dissolve our common-sense understanding of the world, and then distill a more potent truth from the remains of sense and reason.
Dead Cars in Managua has been short-listed for the 2009 ReLit Awards.
Author Stuart Ross
Stuart Ross is the author of eight previous poetry collections, five works of fiction (two of them collaborative), two essay collections, and endless chapbooks. He is one-third of the sound trio Donkey Lopez, a founding member of the Meet the Presses collective, and the winner of the ReLit Prize for Short Fiction, the Elaine Mona Adilman Award for English Fiction on a Jewish Theme, and a prize from Académie de la vie littéraire au tournant du 21eme siècle. Stuart lives in Cobourg, Ontario, and blogs at bloggamooga.blogspot.com
Dead Cars in Managua,Stuart Ross, 104 pp., 5 x 8, Poetry, April, 2008
ISBN: 978-1-897190-33-3 (paper) . . . $16.95
ISBN: 978-1-897190-38-8 (Bound*) . . . $31.95
* This book is “perfect bound” with an add-on
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes. Prices to the left do!
Also by the Author
A Hamburger in a Gallery, 100 pp., 5 x 8, April 2015, Poetry ISBN: 978-1-927599-33-4 (paper) . . . $17.95 ISBN: 978-1-927599-34-1 (Hard Cover) . . . $32.95