New from DC BooksList of Titles
Short Stories by Scott Randall
And to Say Hello
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
For other payment methods, complete order form below...
Many Payment Options!
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with 2CheckOut.com, our fully secure credit card agent, where you can charge your account in your choice of currency.
3.Please note that 2CO is a US-based organization, and recalculates the US$ list price into your currency. Fluctuating exchange rates can sometimes cause the final price to be slightly higher or lower, on the date of conversion to any currency other than US$.
Option 2 – On-Line Bookstores
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, 5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC, H4X 1P3 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
And to Say Hello
The twelve stories in And to Say Hello investigate the hazards of men and women becoming fathers and mothers: the immediate harm and the long-term damage. In “Mass Graves,” a new mother’s stay-at-home anxieties are amplified by the ominous chipmunk infestation overtaking her townhouse. In “Gestation,” a father-to-be nurtures the idea of his ex-girlfriend’s imagined infidelity until it matures into a fully grown mania. In “Six,” a deceased woman’s biography and failings as a mother are communicated piecemeal through the ruminations of her pallbearers. In “The Vasectomy Doctor’s Online Presence,” the professional and familial successes of an urologist are cruelly and publicly undercut by his failed musical aspirations. And in the title story, a mother’s irrational worry about her son’s language development puts irreparable strain upon her marriage.
Author Scott Randall
Scott Randall has previously published two short story collections: Last Chance to Renew and Character Actor. The title story from Last Chance to Renew was broadcast on CBC Radio’s Between the Covers, and Character Actor was shortlisted for the fiction category of the Ottawa Book Award. He has been twice nominated for the Journey Prize, and his fiction has appeared in numerous literary journals such as The Antigonish Review, Event Magazine, The Malahat Review, The Dalhousie Review, and The New Quarterly. He has taught Literature and Writing at Seneca College, York University, Concordia University, and Algonquin College. He currently lives in Ottawa with his wife and daughter.
And to Say Hello, Scott Randall, 230 pp., 5.5 x 8.5, Short Stories, November, 2014
ISBN: 978-1-927599-28-0 (paper) . . . $21.95
ISBN: 978-1-927599-29-7 (Bound*) . . . $36.95
* This book is “perfect bound” with an add-on hand bound cover, no dust jacket.
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes, shipping, and handling charges. Offer prices on the left DO!
And To Say Hello won a gold medal for best fiction from Eastern Canada in the 2015 US Independent Publishers Book Awards.
And To Say Hello also won prize for best fiction from the City of Ottawa in 2015.