Available from DC BooksList of Titles
Career Suicide: Contemporary Literary Humour ed. by Jon Paul Fiorentino
The Moosehead Anthology 9
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
Many Payment Options!
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with 2CheckOut.com, our fully secure credit card agent, where you can charge your account in your choice of currency.
3. Please note that 2CO is a US-based organization, and recalculates the US$ list price into your currency. Fluctuating exchange rates can sometimes cause the final price to be slightly higher or lower, on the date of conversion to any currency other than US$.
Option 2 – On-Line Bookstores
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, 5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC, H4X 1P3 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
The Moosehead Anthology 9: Career Suicide!
Career Suicide is a collection of a new generation of funny talkers. Poems and stories which find their laughs in different quarters: in the wry, the slapstick, the satiric, and the dark. One of the characteristics of contemporary Canadian literary humour may well be its engagement with popular culture. Here the importance of DKNY, Corey Feldman, Lik M Aid, Randy Savage, John Cougar Mellancamp, the game of Clue, all question the limiting purview of what may be deemed serious. As odd, off-putting, and hilarious as that may be, the authors of Career Suicide find their laughs, as we all do, in the limitations of human experience and, one suspects, pre-mixed mai tais.
The funniest anthology of youngish, hippish Canadian writers that side of Winnipeg.
Filling Station, 2003
Mark Paterson’s ‘Other People’s Showers Or: No Soap Radio’ is so good it will make you want to lock him inside so he’ll finish his first novel faster.
Montreal Review of Books, 2003
Almost everything in here is worth reading in its own right, and the book doubles as a catalogue of all the currently-unfamous-but-watch-out Canadian writers of the moment.
Broken Pencil, 24
Editor Jon Paul Fiorentino
Jon Paul Fiorentino is a poet, editor, and teacher. He is the author of two collections of poetry, Resume Drowning (Broken Jaw Press, 2002) and Transcona Fragments (Cyclops Press, 2002) which was shortlisted for the Carol Shields Book Award. His next poetic project is a book of synaptic syntax entitled Hello Serotonin (Coach House Books, 2004). His next editorial project is the anthology Post-Prairie a collaborative effort with Robert Kroetsch. He lives in Montreal where he is an Editor for Matrix magazine.
The Moosehead Anthology IX, ed. Jon Paul Fiorentino, 152 pp., 5 2 x 8 2, Anthology, July 2003
ISBN: 978-0-919688-69-8 (paper). . .$15.95
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes. Offer prices on the left DO!