New from DC Books
Poetry by Todd Swift
England is Mine
England is Mine
Todd Swift’s seventh collection of poems takes on the foreign coolness, tone, and lingo of London in the present, while the poet’s Montreal past arrives in waves of defiance, solace, and reverie. In poems that demonstrate Swift’s abilities as a poet, on the one hand, to out-move The Movement (out bicycle-clip Larkin) and to revive the British Revival on the other, this collection pushes old, droll Mr. Poetic Persona to the brink of discovering an urgent, idealistic, youthful self within. Public, intimate, clever, and heartbreakingly sad, England is Mine reveals a poet at the height of his engagement with the lyric idiom.
“Todd Swift has a remarkably capacious imagination.”
–Montreal Review of Books, 2004
“We are lucky to have him overseas contributing to this impressive catalogue of written work.... A shape shifter with a heart for Canada. Swift is one to recall, savour, and watch.”
–The Globe and Mail, March 2005
–Books in Canada, Feb. 2005
“Todd Swift might be thought of as a cosmopolitan, ... savvy, well read, travelled poet ... a promising poet whose work is entertaining, ingenious, humorous and likeable....”
–Poetry London, No. 50, Spring 2005
Author Todd Swift
Todd Swift is a widely known poet, critic and cultural organizer. He is a lecturer at Kingston University in English Literature and Creative Writing and a tutor for The Poetry School. He has published six full collections of poetry, the first four from DC Books. His most recent collections are Seaway: New and Selected Poems (Salmon, 2008) and Mainstream Love Hotel (Tall-lighthouse, 2009), and a free-to-download ebook from Argotist, Experimental Sex Hospital. Todd has edited or co-edited many international anthologies, including Poetry Nation, 100 Poets Against The War, and (with Evan Jones) Modern Canadian Poets (Carcanet, 2010).
England is Mine, Todd Swift, 106 pp., 5x 8, Poetry, November 2011
ISBN: 0-919688-61-1 (paper)...$16.95
ISBN: 0-919688-62-x, (Bound)* ... $31.95
* This book is “perfect bound” with an add-on
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes, shipping, and handling charges. Prices to the left DO!
Also by the Author
Budavox, 94 pp., 5 x 8, August 1999, Poetry ISBN: 0-919688-46-2 (paper) ... $13.95 ISBN: 0-919688-48-9 (Bound) ... $26.95
Café Alibi, 76 pp., 5 x 8, August 2002, Poetry ISBN: 0-919688-53-5 (paper) ... $14.95 ISBN: 0-919688-55-1 (Bound) ... $26.95
Rue du Regard, 96 pp., 6 x 8, July 2004, Poetry ISBN: 0-919688-11-x (paper) ... $14.95 ISBN: 0-919688-13-6 (Bound) ... $26.95
The Moosehead Anthology X: Future Welcome, ed. Todd Swift, 205 pp., 5.5 x 8.5, December 2005, Anthology ISBN: 1-897190-06-9 (paper) ... $18.95
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
For other payment methods, complete order form below...
(Save up to 35%)
Many Payment Options
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with 2CheckOut.com, our fully secure credit card agent, where you can charge your account in your choice of currency.
3. Please note that 2CO is a US-based organization, and recalculates the US$ list price into your currency. Fluctuating exchange rates can sometimes cause the final price to be slightly higher or lower, on the date of conversion to any currency other than US$.
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, Box 666, Stn. St. Laurent, Montreal, QC H4L 4V9 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
Option 3 – On-Line Bookstores