Available from DC BooksList of Titles
Poetry by Bryan Sentes
To order right away using your credit card, click below on Buy Now.
(Save up to 35%)
Many Payment Options!
Option 1 – Right away, on the web, to a secure site
1. Press the BUY NOW button above.
2. This connects you with 2CheckOut.com, our fully secure credit card agent, where you can charge your account in your choice of currency.
3. Please note that 2CO is a US-based organization, and recalculates the US$ list price into your currency. Fluctuating exchange rates can sometimes cause the final price to be slightly higher or lower, on the date of conversion to any currency other than US$.
Option 2 – On-Line Bookstores
1. Just fill out the fields below, and press SUBMIT.
2. You'll get a prompt acknowledgement of your order, confirming your total price.
3. Then print this page, and enclose your check or money order.
4. Mail to: DC Books, 5 Fenwick Avenue, Montreal West, QC, H4X 1P3 Canada
5. Made an error on SUBMIT? No problem. Just fill out the form again with the correct information, press the CORRECTION button below, then press SUBMIT again.
This is an experimentalist, gourmet poetic ‘cook book,’ full of bratwurst, currywurst, “perfect ripe tomatoes, soft white mozzarella in tiny bags like water balloons... lightly-frosted beer”– a mind feast, an epicurean smorgasbord, where, as Peter Dale Scott puts it, “vignettes of a drunken world from Europe to Saskatoon vie with a fine rendition from the Lyra Graeca.”
In 1996, Swedish sculptor Lars Vilks founded the one square kilometre micro-nation Ladonia to protect his piece ‘Nimis’ from demolition by local authorities. Inspired by the same ‘anarchaesthetic’ spirit, Ladonian Magnitudes morphs the topography where poetic imagination meets realpolitik to inaugurate “a change of dimension / not just locale.”
Bryan Sentes is a heroic Pound-Joyce of the Google era. Polyglot, polymath, his imagination leaps in macaronic shifts from language to L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E. Vignettes of a drunken world from Europe to Saskatoon vie with a fine rendition from the Lyra Graeca, and far-out explorations of internet virtual space. At his best Sentes is brilliant, and the tone and the range of the whole book, from demotic to encyclopaedic, are a most welcome addition to Canadian letters.”
–Peter Dale Scott
“Fun, erudite, euphonious, and very engaging. A pleasure to read!”
Author Bryan Sentes
Bryan Sentes was born in Regina Saskatchewan. Educated in philosophy, English literature and creative writing, he now teaches literature at Dawson College in Montreal. In 1985, The Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild awarded him the writing prize in the poetry division. Author of a number of fine chapbooks, Sentes also wrote Grand Gnostic Central and Other Poems. He is a member of The Quebec Writers Union.
Ladonian Magnitudes, Bryan Sentes, 124 pp., 5 x 8, Poetry, August 2006
ISBN: 978-1-897190-11-1 (paper) . . . $16.95
ISBN: 978-1-897190-10-4 (Bound) . . . $29.95
* This book is “perfect bound” with an add-on hand bound cover, no dust jacket.
List prices above do NOT include applicable taxes. Offer prices on the left DO!
Also by the Author
Grand Gnostic Central, Bryan Sentes, 62 pp., 6x 9, Poetry, August 1998, ISBN: 0-919688-29-2 (paper) . . . $12.95, ISBN: 0-919688-27-6 (Bound) . . . $26.95